Wednesday, June 13, 2012

handkerchief + bib = handkerbib

Ever since he was a wee little lad of about two months, my little guy has been a drooler!  And not only are there copious amounts of drool constantly pouring out of his mouth, but he also loves to stuff things in his mouth at any chance he gets.  And while technically, just a regular ol' bib would probably do the trick to keep his onesie somewhat dry, Riggs just isn't a bib kind of guy.  

I was cruising around Etsy when I saw something that would be perfect for our little...situation.  Baby handkerchiefs!  Or as we call them, handkerbibs!  They are so cute it's not even funny, so I decided to whip a few up!  (Yes I realize that I just used a lot of exclamation marks, but come on, we are talking about handkerbibs people!)

They turned out very well, if I do say so myself, and I am so excited for Riggs to get some use out of them.  I did them in a variety of fabrics, and even made a girly one with some scraps I had. 

Here is Riggs modeling the pea pod handkerbib:


And here it is off the model:



I used some light blue chenille for the backing and added some snaps with a hand press I got super cheap on sale at Joanns.  Have I ever mentioned how much I despise working with chenille?


I had to take some more pictures of my little cutie modeling the handkerbib:


He was happy to oblige :)


And here are a few of the other ones I've made:




Oh and it's still really messy, but here is a picture of my new sewing area, I'm so incredibly thrilled to have a permanent area set up!  It is so nice to not have to unpack everything if I want to work on any sewing, and then pack it all away again when I'm at a stopping point.  I just love it!  I'll post more pictures when it's a little more tidy, I promise.


3 comments:

  1. The desk looks great. Where was it when we were there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was out in the garage still. When Ben was here Steve had him help move it back into the house. I think it's going to work great for crafting :)

      Delete
  2. The drool bibs are great! My friend brought one over from Germany for Baby L and it works so well.
    Thanks for joining us again at Keep Calm Craft On!

    ReplyDelete