Thursday, June 21, 2012

Bodenburg Butte


This afternoon I decided that I was going to climb the Butte.  Tutka had been in the kennel for the entire morning while I was swimming with Kelsey and her boys and needed some exercise and I couldn't stand being inside on such a day.  So I loaded up the dogs and a lot of water and drove just up the road to the trailhead.  

It's only a 3 mile round trip hike, but it's still a challenging trail.  It took me about 30 minutes to get to the top, carrying Riggs in the Ergo and stopping to talk to some of the volunteers who were working on trail maintenance.  I was really dying at the top, and was never more glad to see flat(er) ground again.

It is probably the most beautiful view I have ever seen, especially with the weather like it is today.  I loved it!  Here are some pictures from the trip:

two dogs
and the bright shining sun
a nice place to stop and sit a while...
there are stairs...
and ropes...
and footholds...
and then everything opens up...
and you're nearly there...
the most beautiful views I think I've ever seen
and a little boy who can sit on his own
our little town
Pioneer Peak and some of the farms on the Bodenburg Loop
Knik River
love to feel the sun on my feet
two happy hikers

2 comments:

  1. The first picture looks like Seamus and Ellie! Haha I know they're both completely different dogs but from a distance... I had a similar day! Loved it, glad you did too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fun and pretty! Hopefully we can do it Sunday :P <3 love

    ReplyDelete