Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Simple Woman's Daybook

I am thinking...
I can't believe how fast babies grow.  Every morning I look at my baby, and I truly think he grows and changes during the night!  This morning he had a classic bumbo blowout...I guess he thought it would be a great place to have his morning poo.  I had just gotten him dressed and ready for the day, and slipped him in his bumbo to hang out while I cooked some oats for myself for breakfast.

I came back to get him out and he had spit up a little, right down the front of his clean shirt and just enough on his pants that they needed to be changed.  As I pulled him out of the seat, I noticed that his waist felt wet.  I just thought it might be from spitting up, but no, it was an entire diapers worth of poo, all the way up his back nearly to his neck.  Lovely.  

As I was cleaning him up and changing his clothes, I was sad again thinking about how all his newborn clothes are put away and he is fully into the 6-12 months sizes.  Where does the time go?

I think he was planning it in this picture...

And he looks so innocent...
In the kitchen...
There is a lovely box of dishwasher detergent on the counter, ready for the day we move into our new home.  I have not had the pleasure of having a dishwasher since I moved out of my parents house in 2005.  It will be such a treat to have one, I can't even imagine how much more efficient it will be.

The funny thing is, I actually don't mind washing dishes once I start them. What I'm really and truly excited about is having the dirty dishes in the dishwasher instead of piling up on the counter.  There's nothing like a pile of dirty dishes to get my blood pressure up...

I am wearing...
My hair is in a braid again.  I think braids are destined to be my main hairstyle for the next year or so.  I like to french braid it to the side and pin my bangs back - it keeps everything out of my face.  Plus it greatly reduces the amount of times Riggs gets a death grip on my hair and tries to eat it.

I am creating...
Unfortunately, I will not be doing much crafting for the next two weeks.  I need to spend any free time I have (that i'm not blogging lol) packing.  We are all ready to close on our loan so if the seller can get moved out soon we have a good chance of closing early (yay!).  This means I really need to get serious about packing which also means I can't procrastinate by working on sewing, knitting or crocheting.

I did, however, take advantage of the Costco coupon for $.09 prints this week.  I print 298 pictures (nearly all of them of Riggs - ha) and even managed to get them in order and into their respective albums. Tonight I plan on finishing the captions as soon as I am done with this post.

I am going...
I plan on taking a quick walk before bed tonight to get the last bit of puppy energy out of Tutka before he goes to bed.  I have been very diligent about walking him and have managed to take him on at least one hour long walk a day, usually with one or two more 30 minute walks thrown in for good measure.  He is doing very well walking on the leash and learning good manners.  What a smart big little boy!


I am looking forward to...
Despite taking an hour long nap this afternoon before Steve got home, I am really looking forward to getting in bed, unwinding from the day and cuddling my soft, warm and plump little baby.  I just cannot get enough of him, especially those little elbow dimples!


2 comments:

  1. Gahhhh I love you and your sweet puppy and your handsome baby!! I'm so excited for you to move!! Take so many pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are your albums scrapbooks or just in photo albums? I love having hard copy photos.

    ReplyDelete