Thursday, December 16, 2010


December 16, 2010

Outside my window.... branches and sticks are strewn across the drifts of snow. Steve is in the yard with Beau, and is about to start my car so I can head off to work.

I am thinking...about how nice it is to have no homework lingering over my head. Also about Ladies Bible Study tonight and family arriving this weekend.

I am thankful for... cozy clothes, new wool yarn to knit into something special and warm, plenty of food to eat, and the wonderful fall weather.

From the learning rooms...nothing, hurrah! Except a little anticipation for next semester, during which my course work will be different from anything I've ever done.

I am wearing...jeans, a long sleeve tshirt, a fuzzy Patagonia zip up, and wool socks, of course.

I am remembering...how nice it was when I didn't work during the holidays.

I am going...to work in about 15 minutes. Then to Ladies Bible Study. Then to work again tomorrow. THEN to the airport to pick up Beka!

I am creating...some secret knitting projects and hopefully some sewing projects. Also lots and lots of cookies and sweets for the holidays.

I am reading... The Chronicles of Narnia from start to finish. Right now I'm on The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. It's still a little weird to have time for fiction, but I'm sure I will get used to it very quickly :)

I am hoping... for answered prayers and lots of Christmas memories to be made with all my family nearby.

I am hearing... coffee brewing and Steve eating a chocolate orange

On my mind... what to get everyone for Christmas - only a few more presents to go!

From the Kitchen... pork pot roast, pumpkin pies, sugar and gingerbread cookies, buttery walnut cookies, ect ect ect!

One of my favorite things... xc skiing

A few plans for the weekend... xc skiing, baking, spending time with family, reading fiction!

No comments:

Post a Comment