Friday, August 12, 2016

Friday Favorites

Now that we've sold our home in Palmer we can begin to focus completely on building a place here, including finalizing our plans and thinking about the details we want to include to maximize every bit of the space. I think I'm going to try and use a 'Friday Favorites' post format to share what I've been brainstorming and obsessing over each week, are you ready?

Mud kitchen: top of my short list of things to do. I love this one with the little roof.
wood stove: one thing I'm looking most forward to when we build our place.
I prefer more simplistic modern designs like this, and a window is a must.
built-in bunks: we are planning on designing the kids room to incorporate built-in bunks and lights,
as well as a built in drawers for their clothes. I love the simplicity of this design, but we want a double
bed on the bottom bunk.
flooring: this is just something that caught my eye as I was scrolling through pinterest. I
love the contrast between the texture and color of each type of flooring.
decide

I read an article this week that I liked, you can read it too, here. Her first two points: "My kids don't always want to play outside" and "I don't like doing crafts" - I could have written these. The rest isn't really very relevant for me and my kids, but I love that she shared this other side of her parenting experience.

I learned about the concept of "hygge" and how it helps families thrive in Denmark. And I want to see this new documentary comparing Scandinavia's nature-based education system with America's struggling education system.

Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment