Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Simple Woman's Daybook


Outside my window...

The sun is still shining and melting the snow on the roof, which is dripping down and splashing, quite spectacularly, on our living room window.

I am thinking...

About how we will {hopefully} be moving soon and I how much I will have to do first. It's exciting!  I am looking forward to going through all of our stuff in that much detail, as I'll be able to purge even more things.  Right now I'm feeling pretty good about what we have "weeded out", but I know there will be more.  I just can't wait to know what's in store for us, what house we will {hopefully} be able to buy, when we will be able to move, etc.  Keep us in your thoughts and prayers in this regard, as we are anxious to move on with our lives!

I am thankful...

That I have been able to sell some of our things we weren't really using any more on eBay.  I'm so thankful that people bought them and that they payed so much for them!  It's become a sort of addiction to find things around the house that we don't need/use and to either trade them in on Amazon.com or list them on eBay.  Out of 15 things, I've only had one item not sell yet.  Yay for making money with things that were just laying around the house!

In the kitchen...


I made some amazing sandwiches (thanks to my sister Kelsey) for dinner tonight.  Hoagie rolls fretted bakes at L'Aroma Bakery, completely natural salami (nitrite and nitrate free - so glad to have finally found some!), and organic cheddar cheese.  What really makes them is the sauce/glaze that goes on top - organic butter, organic worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, organic dijon mustard, and poppy seeds.  I'm already looking forward to making them again.

I am wearing...

A skirt, nursing tank and soft grey v-neck tee.

I am creating...

I'm hoping to make a pattern for a smock/apron for myself.  I also want to sew up some pants for Riggs from the pattern in this book - so cute!

I am going...

To an important meeting tomorrow that will have (hopefully) exciting results...but for now it's a secret.

I am wondering...

Why I haven't started the knitting project I've been meaning to for weeks!  I just need to break out those needles and cast on.  Not that Riggs really needs another hat, but it will be so cute and it will get me back in the knitting groove.  I want to make him some more booties and a vest or sweater for his first birthday, and though it's far away I know I'll need that much time to choose the yarn, pattern and actually knit a sweater that I can be proud of.

I am reading...

Beyond the Rainbow Bridge:  Nurturing our Children From Birth to Seven, by Barbara J. Patterson and Pamela Bradley.

I am hoping...

for secret things that can't be shared in the blog world yet.

I am looking forward to...

Snuggling with my baby tonight and making those sandwiches again {they were really that good}.

I am learning...

More about cloth diapering everyday. For anyone who is planning on using cloth diapers, make sure to try a bunch of different brands and styles before you go ahead and buy a full set of anything.  What I thought I liked at first aren't really working out for us, but luckily we found some that do work {at least for now}.   I have also found that building a diaper stash can become an obsession, one that means I'm always on the look out to add different brands and styles to my stash to help hone what works best for us.

Around the house...

I have been continuing on with my spring cleaning, and feeling the itch to rearrange some furniture.  I have resisted that urge, however, since I hope to be moving soon, and I'll have plenty of rearranging to do then.

A favorite quote for today...


"If one feels the need of something grand, something infinite, something that makes one feel aware of God, one need not go far to find it.  I think that I see something deeper, more infinite, more eternal than the ocean in the eyes of a little baby when it wakes in the morning and coos or laughs when it sees the sun shining on its cradle."
Vincent Van Gogh  

One of my favorite things...

Nursing my baby.

A few plans for the rest of the week...

Knitting, sewing, and a lot of snow removal.

A peek into my day...





2 comments:

  1. Man we have to get Lethal Weapon now :D. <3 Riggs is SO freakin photogenic, I love all of his smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps I am itching for these secrets! Twice mentioned and my curiosity is piqued! SPILL!

    ReplyDelete