Monday, December 12, 2011

Is he really 5 years old?

On December 4th, my oldest nephew Corbin turned five.  I honestly cannot believe it!  He is my first nephew and my parents first grandchild, and has always been special for those reasons...and because of who he is of course!  Sunday was his birthday party, and it was crazy to see him running and playing with the other "big kids" - he's not even close to being a baby anymore.

It's exciting to see him grow up and experience new things every day, but it's also bittersweet - he'll never be that sweet, happy baby again.  I'm sure it doesn't help that I'm a super emotional 9 months pregnant lady, but it's so hard to watch my nephews grow up.  I simply cannot imagine how it's going to be with my own baby, who's not even born yet!

Corbin's hospital picture - born December 4th, 2006

1 year old, getting his first haircut!
nearly 2 with his new baby brother
3 years old and adorable as always
crazy 4 year old :)
5 years old!
At his birthday party Sunday - December 11, 2011
We love you Corbin and can't wait to spend many more birthdays with you!

2 comments:

  1. I remember when Corbin was born! Ahhh... time really does past fast. I hope everything is going well for you and Steve! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my first sweet baby! Love the pics you chose :)

    ReplyDelete