I love brownies, and making them from scratch is even more rewarding (and delicious). I've finally tweaked a few recipes down to create a brownie that is exactly how I like them. They are super simple to make and nearly as fast as making brownies from a box.
Whitney's Brownie Recipe
2 squares unsweetened baking chocolate
2 squares semisweet baking chocolate
3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
1 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped (optional - I didn't include them in this batch because my little cousin doesn't like nuts)
1. Heat the butter and chocolate in a saucepan on the stove until the butter is melted. Remove from heat and stir until the chocolate is completely melted and combined with the butter (stovetop is for us simple folk who don't like microwaves. If you prefer, you can always microwave the butter and chocolate on high for 2 minutes rather than heating it on the stovetop).
mmm...chocolate and butter :)
2. Stir in sugar.
3. Beat eggs in small bowl and mix in vanilla.
4. Then add egg mixture and stir well.
5. Next add flour; stir well.
6. Once combined, pour into greased 13x9 inch baking pan and spread out evenly.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out with fudgy crumbs. Overbaking is never a good idea with brownies, so be careful not to cook them too long. Let cool in pan, then lift out onto cutting board and cut how ever you wish! Enjoy :)
My brownie indulgence tonight - still warm with Haagen Daaz Vanilla ice cream...