Thursday, May 19, 2011

7th Annual Bike to Work Day

Bicycle Commuters of Anchorage

Hello Anchorage!  Tomorrow is the 7th Annual Bike to Work day and there are estimated to be at least 2,000 people participating.  If you've been wanting to try out commuting to work on your bike, tomorrow is the day for it!  Check out the Bicycle Commuters of Anchorage website or facebook, and read up about the various commuting stations throughout Anchorage (Bacon and bread, how can you go wrong there!).

For inspiration, I thought I'd post some pictures of myself and other friends commuting throughout the year...

This is my friend and coworker Mark Haldane commuting yesterday morning.
He was teaching a class on Kayaking at work, so he brought his own Kayak with him on his commute!

Me biking to work in the beginning of February.
This photo is at Westchester Lagoon; I'm about to head up the hill toward West High School...

my roadie enjoying some fresh pow

Enjoying the wildlife while biking across town to my parents house...
(last summer)

Oh and PS...I'm teaching my first ever class at REI tonight:  Bike Maintenance for Women 101, wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. How cool that you are teaching classes at REI!! I hope it went well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shut UP! Come teach me! Portland would so be a working vacation for you, I swear I could reason you into it somehow.

    ReplyDelete