Friday, April 9, 2010

waiting game

It feels like I am always waiting for things in life. Waiting for school to get out, waiting to hear back from potential employers, waiting for Steve to get home, waiting for summer, waiting for a newer vehicle, waiting to buy a house...the list just goes on and on. I'm glad I can recognize this, but I think it would be healthier (and happier) to try and focus on the goodness in my day to day life rather than thinking so much about the future and what it has in store for me.
On another note, I really need to get focused on training for the 500 yard swim and 5k run of the triathlon. I'm not worried about them at all, in fact I'm completely excited for them (and the 10+ mile bike of course - my favorite part!). I just want to know that I prepared for all aspects of the race so that I can put my all into it and therefore have the most fun, fulfilling experience possible. My goal is to finish the 5k run in under 28 minutes - slow, I know, but I want to make a goal that I can actually accomplish! Besides, the running is the final portion of the race and is therefore going to need the most mental preparation. I guess one way to start would be to get off the computer and get out there to train! Off I go...

1 comment:

  1. Sooo easy to focus on the future, which is good, but I'm definitely trying harder to enjoy the present too! Still....I'm definitely anxiously waiting for everything to get here so we can bike together!!

    ReplyDelete